35+ Best WordPress Themes for Gyms, Personal Trainers, Yoga Teachers and Pilates Instructors (2017)
- Last updated:
- 1 Comment
When it comes to choosing a WordPress theme to attract new clients to a gym or fitness center — or the more personal services of a personal trainer, a yoga teacher or a pilates instructor — making a good first impression is extremely important.
The right website has to capture the visitor’s imagination by whatever means possible — and the likes of videos, parallax-scrolling backgrounds, full-width slideshows and full-screen images can all help enormously.
Other features to look for include custom post types (for creating instructor/trainer profiles), built-in client testimonials, event calendars, and the capacity for selling your own related products and accessories further down the line.
Below, we’ve put together a list of more than 35 of the best fitness-oriented WordPress themes on the market — all of which are top sellers within the fitness-theme niche, highly rated by their users, come from reputable WordPress theme shops, have beautifully made online demos, and can each be used to create stunning websites.
Listed in no particular order…
- Functions as a timetable as well, premium timetable plugin included.
- Layer Slider and Revolution Slider included.
- Animations to help create interactive content.
- 99+ custom shortcodes pack.
- Custom page background and custom Form Builder tool included.
– by cmsmasters
- 7 homepage versions.
- Multiple header and footer layouts.
- The ability to create fitness class and trainer management with image gallery and editable fields.
- Also included are EventOn, Master Slider and Visual Composer with unique add-ons.
– by Inwave Themes
- Custom schedule for regular classes, Calendarius Plugin included, supports Google and MindBody Calendars.
- Sell online with WooCommerce or Ecwid plugin.
- Revolution Slider included.
- Present events beautifully.
- Designed for full size screen.
– by HighSea
- Powerful, user friendly multipurpose theme.
- Can import many demo sites, including Private Coaching and Yoga.
- Login form and Google map can be displayed in the sidebar.
- 11 optional widget areas on homepage.
- Multiple color skins and SEO optimized.
– by AndonDesign
- Beautiful sliders and transition, animation and 3D effects.
- Trainers and eShop section.
- Built on Tesla framework.
- 9 page templates and 13 customs posts included.
- Filterable timetable.
– by Tesla Themes
- Light and dark color scheme.
- Custom template for Trainers & Classes.
- Custom widgets for Recent News, Trainers & Classes.
- Contact Form included.
– by DanyDuchaine
- 3 built-in sliders.
- Built on Unyson framework.
- One click auto install of demo content.
- Built-in page layouts.
– by Themefuse
- Comes with events / classes, schedule / timetable, opening hours.
- 10 header and 20 footer options.
- 1200+ premium icon set worth $39 value.
- Event calendar plugin powers classes and events.
– by Vamtam
- Advanced admin panel with drag and drop page builder.
- Dark and light versions, boxed and wide versions.
- Slider Revolution included.
- WooCommerce integrated for online store functions.
- Smart dropdown navigation menu.
– by CactusThemes
- Homepage template and 4 custom post types (Classes, Weekdays, Trainers, Gallery).
- Visual Composer with 50+ page builder components included.
- Built-in responsive timetable page.
- Filterable portfolio with details page.
- Contact page with map of location and working contact form.
– by QuanticaLabs
- Custom logo, header image and background.
- Pricing table for all membership plans.
- 4 custom post types and multiple widget areas.
- Custom sharing buttons encourage users to share directly from your website.
– by WPlook
- Built in Body Mass Index calculator.
- Daily schedules.
- Multiple color options and custom widgets included.
– by ThemeIsle
- 4 custom post types – Class, Trainer, Testimonial, Event.
- Compatible with MindBody, the yoga app for registration to classes.
- Flexible class schedule, pricing table included.
- 2 home variations.
– by NooTheme
- 50+ built-in creative concepts, including gyms.
- Fast and lightweight, geared for high performance.
- Fully integrated Layer Slider and Slider Revolution.
- Built-in Mega menu in 2 styles.
- Fancy custom page headings with 18 ready-to-use patterns.
– by CodexThemes
- GoodLayers page builder included.
- Customizable demo importer – choose the content you want to import.
- Numerous ready made layouts.
- 19 header and 6 footer layouts.
- Slide style or overlay style secondary navigation.
– by GoodLayers
- Multiple layouts for Nutrition, Yoga, Personal Trainer and more.
- Search engine and adsense optimized.
- Off-canvas mobile menu.
- Parallax scrolling and awesome font icons.
– by Mythemeshop
- Revolution Slider included.
- Video background supported.
- Full screen custom pages.
- Tons of modules / shortcodes.
– by GT3themes
- Minimalistic in design.
- Compatible with Revolution Slider, Booking Calendar, Essential Grid and Visual Composer.
- 3 homepage layouts.
- 2 variants of icon display – Fontella Icon set and Images Icons.
- Custom widgets set and custom shortcodes.
– by AncoraThemes
- A number of pre-made demos for specific niches like Gym, Yoga, Power lifting.
- Remote WordPress Management Tool included – controls blog content remotely.
- 6+ pre-designed home pages.
- Video backgrounds and parallax effects.
– by FXoffice
- Light & dark versions, Single page & Multi-page versions.
- 3 color schemes.
- Slider Revolution and Visual Composer included.
- Parallax Image and Video Scrolling Sections.
– by RedExp
- Animated sliders using Slider Revolution.
- Number of beautifully crafted inner pages.
- Shop pages included.
- Create course page using isotope filters.
– by Designthemes
- 4 homepage layouts.
- Create a trainer profile.
- Integrated Megamenu module with lightweight Megamenu Editor Tool.
- Includes 20+ demo layouts.
– by Opal_WP
- Customs post types for Staff, Gallery, Videos, Programs and Classes.
- A schedule system allows posting classes and activities by the day, week, month or year.
- Powerful shortcodes to add sliders, carousels, infographics and more.
- 38 custom shortcodes and many widgets included .
– by Micro_Themes
- Multiple layouts for Trainers and Classes page.
- Custom widgets for Newsletter, Instagram, About Me and Latest Posts.
- Translation ready.
- One click demo importer.
– by Meridian Themes
- Full width and boxed pages and headers, various header layouts.
- Quote estimation plugin included to help create price estimation forms.
- Business oriented custom icon sets.
- Portfolio shortcode for static pages and blog posts.
– by BoldThemes
- Different header styles and multi functional user panel.
- Cool animation and hover effects.
- Advanced classes and trainers hierarchy – select between free, paid and trial sports lessons.
- Revolution Slider for homepage and Swiper Slider for posts and galleries.
- Two variants of icon display- Fontella Icon set and Images Icons.
– by Axiom Themes
- 2 unique homepage layouts and 3 unique headers.
- Amazing collection of shortcodes to configure different modules such as buttons, lists, callout boxes, pricing tables, and more.
- Full width Team, Courses Carousel.
- Sign up and Enquiry Form.
- Activities scroll options and Events lists included.
– by Design Themes
- Can be used by coaches and trainers.
- Visual Composer, Revolution Slider, Events Calendar and Booked Appointments plugins included.
- Working contact and subscribe form, and support for Contact Form 7.
- Multiple icons and pricing tables included.
– by OceanThemes
- 20+ layout variations, 8 demos, 9 homepages, 60+ predefined pages and 70+ shortcodes.
- Fully compatible with bbPress and WooCommerce.
- Powerful Schedule module.
- Supports multiple club locations.
- PayPal payment integration.
– by Wonster
- Easy setup with predefined content.
- Unique custom built Drag and Drop Template builder.
- WooCommerce Bookings supports date and time based bookings.
- MailChimp Newsletter, Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro integration.
– by Kriesi
- Revolution Slider and Visual Composer included.
- Trainer and Classes ready, Trainer profile included.
- Gallery albums with integrated lightbox.
- Custom post types for Classes, Trainers, Galleries, Testimonials, Brands, Pricing tables.
- Customizable footer widget area – supports one, two, three or four columns.
– by strongholdthemes
- Pre-designed skins that can be further customized with powerful theme options.
- Yoga timetable functions included, and works as your online shop.
- Page for Yoga Trainers.
- Contact Form 7 included.
– by jwsthemes
- Page Builder with Visual Composer and Templatera.
- Theme supports large 12 column grids, wide backgrounds, easy to use YouTube / HTML5 video sections / backgrounds, animations and statistics.
- 8+ Custom post types.
- 60+ Shortcodes with premium shortcode builder.
– by LiveMesh
- Built-in timetable that can present detailed information.
- Visual Composer and Layer Slider included.
- 6 Post Formats (Standard, Image, Video, Gallery, Quote, Link).
- 4 layout slides and contact page function.
– by Madza
- 12 homepages and a number of inner pages.
- Compatible with bbPress and Event Calendar plugins.
- Custom built BMI calculator included.
- Visual Composer, Revolution Slider and Timetable for WordPress included.
- bbPress and WooCommerce compatible.
– by Mikado-Themes
A quick recap of the features that you should check out while choosing a theme for your fitness center (keeping the specific needs of your own particular business in mind):
- Visually attractive displays – including large video/image backgrounds, etc
- Class schedules/calendars.
- Custom post types for instructor/trainer profiles, etc.
- Maps to help locate your studio/center.
- Registration forms.
- Search facility — to help users find information relating trainer profiles, video tutorials, and anything else they may need…
- eCommerce compatibility to augment instore sales of fitness products and accessories and/or additional learning materials, etc.
Used/using any of the above? Know of any other superb WordPress themes for fitness-type websites?