New: Beginner Guides to WordPress
- Last updated:
- Leave your thoughts
As keen readers may well have already noticed, over the last few months we’ve been putting together a number of brand new beginner-level guides to WordPress — note the new link in the site’s main menu (here’s a direct link).
Starting off with a lengthy introductory article on what WordPress actually is and when to use it, before moving on to topics like how to choose the best hosting, themes and plugins for your site, and finishing up with a few slightly more advanced topics like troubleshooting, monitoring your site, and how to speed up a WordPress-powered website, there’s hopefully something for just about everyone here.
In early 2017, we’ll be continuing to add a few more guides on various subjects, but here’s a complete list of what’s available to date:
- An Introduction to WordPress: What is it and When to Use it?
- How to Choose the Best WordPress Hosting Service
- How to Choose the Ideal WordPress Theme
- Where to Buy Top-Quality WordPress Themes
- How to Install – and Set Up – a New WordPress Theme
- How to Choose – and Install – New WordPress Plugins
- Recommended WordPress Plugins
- How to Backup, Secure and Optimize WordPress
- How to Change the Look and Feel of WordPress
- How to Update, Maintain and Troubleshoot WordPress
- How to Monitor a WordPress Website
- How to Make WordPress Faster – Much Faster!
(last updated: 9th January 2017)
So, next time you’re in need of a few tips — or if you know of any beginner-level folk just getting started with WordPress — you know where to come! ;)
Any requests/particular guides you’d like to see included?